January 5, 2015

Hello, 2015!

I know it's already January 5th, but it's the first full week of the new year, so I feel like this post isn't too late!  It's been a while since I lasted posted, though we all know that I've never really been all that great at posting regularly to begin with!  That's one of my goals this year though.  I've decided to set a few goals this year that are more realistic and therefore, in my opinion, easier to obtain.  Some of those goal are:

Stick to my healthy habits.  I really need to be more aware of what I'm putting into my body and how I'm treating it, especially being a weight loss surgery patient.  I need to focus more on getting my protein in, taking my vitamins regularly, drinking enough water, making time to go to the gym, and getting in my 10,000 steps a day.  It's hard, especially when schools starts and I have 12+ hour days between class and school, but I know that I need to do it for myself in the long run. 

Stay organized.  I got a fabulous Erin Condren Life Planner for Christmas and I plan to fully utilize it.  Last semester was the most organized I had ever been and I feel it had a huge role in making such good grades.  (4 As and 1 B, in case you were wondering!)  I think this will also help me keep track of exercise, meal planning, and other physical things.  I always feel better when I write something down and can cross it off my list!

Stop spending frivolously. After totaling my car 3 1/2 years ago, I'm finally, FINALLY blessed enough to be at a point where I can afford a down payment on a car and keep up with a note.  Because of this, I need to stop spending so much on things that I don't really need (ie: Starbucks and takeout!).  I need to pay off my bills, put money into savings, work on paying off some medical bills, and then I can spend whatever money I have left.  It's an easy concept, but I struggle so much with saving and budgeting myself.  This is another part of my life that I'm hoping staying organized comes in handy!

Stop giving a damn.  I try so hard on this one and it's still a daily struggle.  I'm such a tender heart and care so much about what others think of me.  Why?  I'm not really sure.  I don't lose any sleep over people not liking me, but I still wonder what it is that I did wrong.  I really need to work on making myself happy first and foremost, then the people who truly care about me.

Read 52 books.  I know this one sounds a little silly, but I miss getting lost in a good book!  I used to read for 30 minutes to an hour before bed each night and I enjoyed it.  I need to slack off the Netflix and bury my nose in a book an iPad!

Keep up with YouTube and this blog.  It sounds silly, but I used to get so many emails and comments about how much people enjoyed my videos and how helpful they were!  I'm not trying to brag or toot my own horn, but when I was in the pre-op stages, I found so much help and encouragement in YouTube videos and blogs.  I love that I can do the same for other people because I know how good of a feeling it is to find someone who knows what you're about to go through/have just gone through! I'm definitely no Eggface, but I still want to be able to help people, even if I'm 2 and a half years post-op!

I think that's it for now!  I have to sit down and make some lists about the things that I want to post on here and YouTube, so feel free to leave some thoughts and ideas down below! 

Here's to an amazing 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment